I am a student at Tawa Intermediate School in Wellington, New Zealand. I am in Room 15 and a member of the amazing Huia Syndicate. My teacher is Stephanie Thompson.

Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Knowing Me

Hey guys and girls I just wanted to help you guys understand my last blog post a little more by letting you guys more about me,First of all I was born in South-Africa and I can speak two languages the first language is Afrikaans and of course you guys know what the second language is...English,
I only went to English schools back in South-Africa so I wasn't taught how to read and write in Afrikaans but I have taught myself how to read a few words. I'll be teaching you guys a few Afrikaans words if you guys want to learn more just say so.I'll be teaching you guys family member names for this blog post.

Grandpa-Oupa
Grandma-Ouma

Auntie-Tanie
Uncle-Oom
Boy Cousin-Nefie
Girl Cousin-Niggie

Dad-Papa
Mum-Mama

Brother-Boetie
Sister- sussie

Now that's all for now comment if you want to know more.

2 comments:

  1. Heeey Michelle,
    I like how your post included words in Africaans.
    I was just wounderen if you knew the word for friend?
    Bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle
    Thanks so much for this great post. I was wondering do you want to teach an Africaans barcamp soon?

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. I appreciate comments that can help me improve my learning.